It’s that time of year again, no not tax time; it’s the unpacking of the dreaded swim suit. You know the one; it’s buried deep in the drawer under those t-shirts you don’t wear anymore. The one you swore you would look better in this year. I know this announcement seems a little early, and that’s true. The reason is that I want you looking good the HEALTHY way and not with some desperate yo-yo diet, or even worse, medication. How many people do you know that tried a quick fix for weight loss only to have gained more weight in the end? With a healthy approach you should expect to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. That’s 4 to 8 pounds a month. Doesn’t sound like a lot, especially when you compare it to all those commercials offering big numbers. But if you just add 2 months together that’s 8 to 16 pounds. So, if you start today you could lose 16 pounds by May 10…Just in time for that swim suit. The best part about this approach is that you will KEEP it off!
Let’s do a quick review of some of the steps that will help you reach your goal.
1) Change at least one thing in your diet each week (for the better)
2) Exercise efficiently by using heart rate spiking moves in your lifting routine; this burns more calories (Instead of resting between sets do jumping jacks or run in place)
3) Cardio Intervals (we touched on this last week)
4) Eat a healthy breakfast (this one step raises your metabolism 5%)
5) Eat healthy snacks between meals (keeps your blood sugar steady)
6) Make exercise fun (you’re more likely to stick with it). Make sure to include your
A great place to start is putting that suit on and taking a picture. This does two things for you: first, it motivates you, and second, it gives you something to compare to later. The secret to this journey is to start, start anywhere, but just start. I’m here to help, just let me know what you need.
Yours in health,